The Warrenton home and Garden Show, hosted by Discovery Publications, showed Warrenton just a taste of what local businesses and artisans have to offer. We were lucky enough to be part of the action! With the sun streaming through the window of Fauquier High School’s cafeteria, we got to chat with hundreds of members of our community. The mood at the show was enhanced by live music from such wonderful groups as the Blue Ridge Barbershop Quartet, and Bryan Jacobs and Remington Steel Acoustic Blues Band.
What follows are some of our highlights and take-aways from the day:
- Free Razzles candies are just as popular with adults as with kids – maybe even more so!
- However, one of the most popular of our 600+ candies with adults were the coconut slices.
- More than 35 people who came by our stand didn’t know about us before – we were happy to let them know where we are and what we are all about!
- We heard one customer give us a very high compliment. She said, ‘it takes me back’. As a business that strives to bring a little bit of the past in to the present, we were absolutely delighted.
- We have some incredibly talented artists and makers in our neighborhood, including the enchanting Frogs and Fairytales, Inc.
- Most importantly, the Home and Garden Show reminded us that Warrenton and Fauquier is a strong and welcoming community that loves to get together, and we are blessed to be a part of it!