Its that time of year again – back to school. A joy for many parents and the blight of children’s existence! But this time of year always seems a little bit magical to me. The air is full of possibility and a fresh start is available to those to want to take it. I left school many years ago, but this feeling of renewal at the start of a new school year never left me.
Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall
This time of year is also bittersweet. We are saying goodbye to the long hot, and often lazy, days of summer and getting ready to welcome the fall and all the season brings with it. As such, now is a great time to reflect with gratitude on all the joys that summer brought, and to look forward with excitement to all the fall will bring. I like to make a list of both these things to be grateful for and things to anticipate. Here is an example – I hope it inspires you to make your own lists!
- Grilling in the backyard
- Swimming in the pool
- Family vacations
- Picnics (we have some good snacks for this)
- Ice cold drinks on a hot day (in glass bottles like ours is even better!)
- Ice-cream (Dippin Dots are the best!)
- 4th of July
- Bright blue skies
- Long nights
- Smores around the fire pit (We still have some kits left)
- Big wooly sweaters
- Sitting by the fire drinking piping hot tea or coffee (we have a large range of both)
- Pumpkin spice everything
- Halloween (and Halloween candy – we’ve ordered ours already)
- Cozy nights in
- The fall leaves
- Hot Cocoa (try our Godiva cocoa with marshmallows)
- Going for walks
- Scented candles (some of our fall scents are in and more are coming)
- Thinking about Christmas!
What else are you grateful for and looking forward to? Let us know in the comments.